Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Winter Blues

I understand that all of you in Saskatoon got an unreal amount of snow this year. And I'm under the impression that most of it is still around. However, the real beauty of winter in glorious prairies where we all reside is the unpredictability.

When I returned to Minnesota after my holiday to Canada, I was surprised to see that virtually all the snow was gone. This was of course quite pleasant and the temperatures were accordingly warm and very nice- I even busted out the vest for most of the first couple weeks of class. Last Monday it was 81 (about 25C) in Minneapolis, now we are covered in about 6 inches of snow. I absolutely hated my life when I walked to school this morning.

It started Sunday when it snowed most of the day, but that all pretty much melted yesterday. Today it came back with a vengeance. AND my window was open last night, so now I can't close it all the way. We didn't get a white Christmas, so we'll have to settle for a white Easter.

j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha

i hate snow....


remind me again why i am here jeff......

Cassy said...

.. it snowed here in BC yesterday. I couldnt believe it! Its the first time its snowed here in April for, like, 32 years or soemthing. But it was mostl gone by nighttime.